Library staff will help you find forms or information; they are not, however, qualified to help you fill out forms or to provide tax advice.
During tax filing season, Brown County Library has limited quantities of the basic federal and state tax forms. These are available to you at no cost. Please note:
• Brown County Library locations usually receive federal and state tax forms in late January. Forms are available for pickup through the federal filing deadline (usually April 15). Quantities are limited and are first come, first serve. You can call ahead to your preferred library location to check on form availability.
• The IRS is no longer providing paper copies of Publication 17 for libraries to distribute. We will have a very limited amount of instruction booklets for the 1040 form.
• The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is no longer providing paper copies of the state income tax instructions for libraries to distribute. These include instructions and booklets for Form 1 and Form 1NPR, Schedule WD, Form WR-A, Schedule U, Schedule OS, Schedule CR, Schedule I, Form 1-ES and Schedule CS. Digital versions can be accessed on their website.
• You can download and print your own federal or state forms and instructions. Printing from library computers costs 15 cents per black-and-white page.
• You can take steps now for tax filing season. Learn about steps you can take to file your tax return and get your refund as quickly as possible at irs.gov/GetReady.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
The UWGB VITA Program is partnering with St. Norbert College to help prepare tax returns for low-income taxpayers for the 2021 tax year.
Location: Brown County Central Library – by appointment only
Days: Wednesdays, February 2 – April 6, 2022
Time: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Call 920.393.7845 to schedule an appointment. For more information, visit uwgb.edu/vita/
Additional Free Tax Filing Resources
• File your federal tax forms using IRS Free File
• File your state tax forms using Wisconsin e-file
• For additional resources, see the United Way’s MyFreeTaxes
• Learn about e-filing while claiming the Wisconsin Homestead Credit
Access trustworthy information on the official Internal Revenue Service website.
Download forms and instructions or request paper copies by calling 1.800.829.3676
Federal Income Tax Help
Local IRS Office: 440 Security Blvd., Green Bay, WI 54313
920.662.5999 or 844.545.5640
To make an appointment: 844.545.5640
Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (closed for lunch noon-1 p.m.)
Tax Help for Individuals: Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m. (Central time), call 1.800.829.1040 (English/Spanish). For other languages, call 833.533.9895
Tax Help for People with Hearing Impairments: Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Central time), call 800.829.4059 (TDD)
Refund Hotline: 1.800.829.1954
Access trustworthy information on the official Wisconsin Department of Revenue website.
Download forms and instructions or request paper copies by 608.266.2486
Wisconsin State Tax Information & Help
Local Office: 200 N. Jefferson St., Room 140, Green Bay, WI 54301
Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Refund Hotline: 1.866.947.7363
Homestead Credit Information
Department of Revenue Homestead Credit website
Homestead Credit Questions: 1.608.266.8641 (Madison)
For additional information:
• Call department’s Customer Service Bureau at 608.266.2772 (7:45am – 4:30pm)
• Email DORHomesteadCredit@wisconsin.gov
• Write to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Mail Stop 5-77, PO Box 8949, Madison WI 53708-8949