How to get a Brown County Library Card:
- Any resident of Wisconsin is eligible to apply for a library card (you do not have to reside in Brown County to apply for a Brown County Library card).
- Complete application online (adults, 18 years or older only) or at any library location.
- Show picture identification and
- Verify your current address.
- Children (under age 18) must have parent/guardian signature. Parent/guardian should be present for child’s card to be issued.
- Remember: you are responsible for materials checked out on your card and on the cards of any minors for whom you’ve signed a card application.
Use the Brown County Library Catalog to:
- Search for material
- Request items
- Renew items
You will need your Brown County Library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number).
Use your library card to download ebooks, music, magazines, and more.
Request material from other libraries or suggest an item for purchase.
- Most children’s, teen and adult books and books on CD; and Chromebooks: 21 days
- All DVDs, CD-ROMs, hotspots, seasonal items, music, and magazines: 7 days
|Item:||Overdue Charges per day, per item:|
|Magazines & Young Adult Books||$0.10/day per item|
|Adult books & other materials||$0.25/day per item|
|Books on CD, MP3, Music CDs, CD-ROMs||$0.25/day per item|
|Chromebooks and hotspots||$10.00/day per item|
|DVDs & Video Games||$1.00/day per item|
|Books||$0.50/day per item|
|Books on CD, Cassette or MP3; Music CDs, CD-ROMs & Videos||$0.50/day per item|
|DVDs & Video Games||$1.50/day per item|
- Replace lost or damaged card: $2.00 each
- Photocopies: $0.15/coin-op
- Printing: $0.25/page
- Lost/Processing fee on children’s items: $4.00/item when 40 days overdue
Please ask the library how to clear your account if you have fines over $10.00 or if you have been billed for cost of unreturned items. Note: Collection agency used on some overdue accounts.
Any material except those acquired through Interlibrary Loan can be renewed up to four times for the original loan period, as long as no holds have been placed on them by other patrons. Please have your library barcode number ready. Note: When you renew an item, it is renewed from the day you renew, not the date it is due.
- Call or visit any Brown County Library location during business hours.
- Renew using the online catalog.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much does a library card cost?
Do I need a library card for each branch location?
No. Your library card can be used at any Brown County Library location.
What if I lose my card?
Call the library immediately and report your card lost! You may purchase a new card for $2.00.
Does my child have to be a certain age to get a library card?
No. You decide when your child may get a card.
If I don’t live in Brown County, can I still get a library card?
Yes. Any resident of Wisconsin can get a Brown County Library card!
Can I return my DVDs,videos, and audio books in the outside book drops?
Yes! All outdoor book drops accept these items.