Research and Reference Resources
Access these databases and online resources anytime!
AtoZdatabases: This reference and marketing database includes 30 million business profiles and over 220 million residents. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and family and more! Access is with your library card.
Auto Repair Service An authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. Provided by BadgerLink.
MasterFILE Complete: Popular full-text magazines, reference books and other sources from world’s leading publishers.
Badgerlink Wisconsin’s Online Library
Consumer Reports (full-text .pdf version) Find expert advice, buying advice, user reviews and much, much more! Provided by BadgerLink.
Are you using Consumer Reports from home or on the go? Use this link to connect. After logging in with your library card, click on MAGAZINES in the blue FIND box. On the Find Resources page, click ‘C’. This will take you to Consumer Reports.
Please follow these instructions for the best results:
1. Click on the Consumer Reports icon or link above. You will be redirected to the Consumer Reports publication detail page.
2. While on this page, click on “Search within this publication” on the right-hand side above the issues list.
3. In the Search box, you will see this search qualifier: JN “Consumer Reports” (this confirms that you will be searching within the journal (JN), Consumer Reports).
4. To conduct your search, add the Boolean operator AND followed by what you are searching for.
Example: To search for information on refrigerators, the search box would look like this: JN
“Consumer Reports” AND refrigerators
5. After clicking the Search button you will be able to narrow your results by using the tools provided on the results page.
EbscoHost: For all your research needs! Search databases of magazines, journals, newspapers, images and reference resources covering education, health, business, and general areas of interest. Choose an EbscoHost database here.
Green Bay Press-Gazette
1962-1983: The Local History Department at the Central Library has a card index covering 1962-1983.
July 1985 – December 1996: This index is located in the microfilm area at the Central Library and are considered news indices and not vital record indices.
1997 – 2003: Search the Green Bay Press-Gazette on microfilm for articles that were published between January 1997-December 2003 using the library’s catalog. Self-service microfilm is available on the second floor of the Central Library.
2002 – present:
ProQuest: Offers complete full-text content of the Green Bay Press-Gazette from 2002 to current. Access is with your library card.
State of Wisconsin Blue Books: Search the complete text of every Wisconsin Blue Book-the primary reference source about the state, documenting the organization of the state’s three branches of government (legislative, executive, and judicial).