Brown County Library enters “Chapter 4” of reopening plan
Updated April 11, 2021
The library is open for limited public service including:
The library is committed to a safe experience:
Service adjustments include:
Postponed until further notice:
- All in-person library programs and events. | Todos los programas y eventos de la biblioteca en persona.
Books and Materials Donations
Donations of books and other materials are not being accepted at this time.
For the health and safety of library visitors, staff and the community:
• Face masks are required at all Brown County Libraries
• The number of people allowed in the library is based on building size and occupancy guidelines.
• Visitors must practice social distancing of 6 feet
• Visitors must cover their cough or sneeze
• Visitors must obey signage
• Prolonged socializing/sitting/standing in the library is not allowed
• Hand sanitizing stations are available
• Restrooms are limited to one person at at time
• Bubblers (drinking fountains) are closed
• Water bottle filling stations are available at Central, Kress, Weyers-Hilliard and Southwest
• No food is allowed
• Access to restricted library areas is not allowed
These expectations will be enforced and failure to comply may result in loss of library privileges.
The library is taking extra precautions to protect library visitors, staff, and the community:
• Protective barriers are installed
• Staff provided with PPE including masks, gloves, and face shields
• Frequent disinfecting of equipment, materials, surfaces, and high-touch items
The Library is closely monitoring guidelines related to COVID-19 provided by the Wisconsin Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.