Contactless Pickup FAQs
See also: Library Services & COVID-19 | Library Reopening | Back to School
Contactless Pickup Service
Library patrons are able to schedule times to pick up library books and items that they request in advance, within various limits.
Follow these simple steps to pick up materials. Click on each step for details.
1. Place items on hold
- Search the library’s online catalog or call the library to place holds on the item(s) you want.
2. Wait for notification that holds are ready to be picked up
- You will receive a notification (by email, text message, or phone depending on your account preference) letting you know that you can call to schedule pickup. Due to limited staff and delivery services, wait times will be longer than usual.
3. Call the pickup library to schedule a pickup appointment
- After you receive notification, call the pickup library to schedule a time to pick up your holds.
- Central Library – call 920-448-5825
- Ashwaubenon Branch – call 920-492-4913
- Denmark Branch (Pickup at Village Hall) – call 920-863-6613 or the East Branch – 920-391-4600
- East Branch Library – call 920-391-4600
- Kress Family Branch (De Pere) – call 920-448-4407
- Pulaski Branch – call 920-822-3220
- Southwest Branch – call 920-492-4910
- Weyers-Hilliard Branch (Howard) – call 920-448-4405
- Wrightstown Branch – call 920-532-4011
- Have your library card barcode number available.
4. Pick up your items
All items will be checked out and bagged ahead of time. Each bag will have your holds slip stapled to it for identification.
Pickups at the Central Library will take place via the pickup window just past the drive-thru book drop. Enter through the library lot and follow signage.
Pickups for the Denmark Branch will take place at the Denmark Village Hall.
For all other locations, pickups will be available on a table outside the library’s main entrance or just inside the doors.
Pick up your bag and enjoy!
5. Return your items
- Due dates are printed on your receipt. Please return your items by the due date to avoid late fines.
- You can return your times to an outdoor book drop at any time. Bulky items that are too large to return through book drops are not available for contactless pickup.
- After return to a book drop, all library items will go through a multi-day quarantine before they are checked in. Only items that have been quarantined will be used to fill holds. Again, no fines will accrued during this quarantine.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What libraries are pickup locations?
Central Library 515 Pine Street, downtown Green Bay
How can I place holds on library books and other items?
Call 920-448-5824 to place holds, request tax forms and for other library services
Call 920-448-5825 for account information and to schedule a pickup
Ashwaubenon Branch 1060 Orlando Drive 920-492-4913
Denmark Village Hall is the pickup location for the Denmark Branch 118 Main Street 920-863-6613
East Branch 2255 Main Street, Green Bay – 920-391-4600
Kress Family Branch 333 N. Broadway, De Pere 920-448-4407
Pulaski Branch 222 W. Pulaski Street 920-822-3220
Southwest Branch 974 Ninth Street, Green Bay 920-492-4910
Weyers-Hilliard Branch 2680 Riverview Drive, Howard 920-448-4405
Wrightstown Branch 615 Main Street 920-532-4011
How will I know my hold items are ready for me to schedule pickup?
If possible, please place holds using our online catalog
. If you need assistance, please call the library to speak to a staff person. Have your library card number ready.
You will receive an email, text, or phone notification, based on the preference selected in your account.
How do I return materials?
To support social distancing efforts, libraries offering contactless pickup are operating with very limited staff. Staff will fill holds as quickly as possible; however, wait times will be longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
You can return materials to any book drop at all locations. Please do not attempt to return items using the exterior tables or pickup window at pickup locations. Items will be quarantined for several days before they are checked in. Late fines will not accrue during this time.
When are my items due? Should I renew them?
Due dates are printed on your receipt. Please return your items by the due date to avoid late fines.
Do I need a library card?
What materials are not available for pickup?
Yes, you must have an active Brown County Library account to place holds and pick up items. If you have questions about your library account, call the library to speak to a staff person. If you do not have a library card, apply here.
Some items that cannot fit through a book drop or would be damaged if returned through a book drop cannot be placed on hold and are not available for pickup such as themed backpacks, carnival games, and children’s big books.
Can I request tax forms and instruction booklets?
Yes, while quantities last. Call the pickup library of your choice. Staff will get them ready and schedule a pickup time for you.
What if I have fines or my card is blocked?
How were the pickup libraries chosen?
Please call the library to speak to a staff person or pay your fines online.
Among the criteria, were:
What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and library staff?
• Regional distribution
• Building layout can accommodate safe social distancing of staff
• Building exterior features parking lots, overhangs for outdoor tables, etc.
The contactless pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff. Staff is adhering to workplace safety requirements and CDC guidelines.
Why are you using bags for pickup items?
All physical materials have been quarantined.
Patrons and staff should not approach one another and must respect the need for social distancing. This may feel uncomfortable but is necessary to provide a safe, contactless pickup service. If you notice patrons at the pickup table, please remain in your vehicle until the previous patron has departed.
Bags are a temporary measure to protect patron privacy, protect physical materials, and limit unnecessary contact. Bags help separate materials to avoid the need for patrons to sort through items on the pickup table.
In the event of severe weather, the library retains the right to cancel contactless pickup and we will make every effort to reach patrons with scheduled appointments.