Resources for Parents and Teachers
Anime and Manga
- Bright by Text Free tips by text message to help give your child a bright beginning. Available in English and Spanish.
- Find a Book with Lexiles An educational tool that connects readers with reading materials. This site makes it easy for young people to find books at their reading level, whether they’re reading for school or for pleasure. Lexiles uses the power of matching a young person’s reading level and interest areas to help him or her grow as a reader.
- Wisconsin History Day by Day Wisconsin historical tidbits arranged by day. Links to related websites, suggested readings, vocabulary, study questions and more.
- Baby Proofing and Child Safety Guide This helpful guide includes chapters on common household hazards for children of all ages, TV and internet safety for kids, firearm and gun safety for kids, and home childproofing tips.
- Cyberbullying Guide This guide from Maryville University Online will help you learn everything you need to know about cyberbullying, from relevant facts and statistics to helpful resources, so you can keep your children and teens safe online
- Get Net Wise Internet safety that helps you stay “One Click Ahead”.
- iKeepSafe.org Teach children the basic rules of Internet safety, ethics, and the healthy use of connected technologies
- NetSmartz Workshop Age appropriate, 3-D activities to teach children how to stay safer on the Internet
- Social Networking Guide for Parents
- Stay Safe Online Empower and support digital citizens to use the Internet securely and safely
- Product Safety Standards US Consumer Product Safety Commission site providing a list of items that have been issued a government mandatory standard, ban, etc.
- Recalls.gov “One stop shop” for US government recalls. Sign-up to receive e-mail alerts for new recalls.