Friends of the Brown County Library
The Friends of the Brown County Library
are people like you who value books, reading, education, and the continued pursuit of knowledge. They recognize the vital role the Brown County Library plays in makung sure that local residents have lifelong access to these resources.
Founded in 1963, the Friends of the Brown County Library, Inc. is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to improve Brown County’s public library services. Through its members, volunteers, and donors, the Friends help guarantee the continued success of the Brown County Library as an outstanding community resource.
Shop at Amazon using this link to benefit the Friends
The Friends of the Brown County Library is a non-profit charitable and educational organization whose mission is:
- to assist in the funding, development, and implementation of library programs;
- to promote knowledge of the functions, services, resources, and needs of the library;
- to raise funds for library programs and equipment;
- to maintain an endowment fund for library excellence.
What Friends Are For:
The Friends of the Brown County Library help curious minds of all ages learn more about our community and the world by organizing and sponsoring programs that help make the Library great, such as:
- Give-A-Kid-A-Book Campaign More than 15,000 donated books are collected and distributed annually to at-risk children.
- Born to Read Campaign Reading kits are distributed to all new parents with babies born during National Library Week in April.
- Local History SeriesAward-winning speaker series focusing on the vibrant tapestry of life in Brown County and Wisconsin.
- Fundraising Fundraisers like the biannual Used Book Sales, have allowed the Friends to donate thousands of dollars for the purchase of Library equipment including: self-check-out stations, computers, security systems, and state-of-the-art technology.
- Art Exhibits Changing collections of original art by local artists are on display on the second floor of the Central Library.
- Educational projects including storytelling performances and author visits.
Benefits of Being a Friend:
- Being informed about library events with regular issues of Storylines mailed to your home.
- Getting first chance at great bargains during the Friend’s Preview at our biannual Used Book Sales.
- 10% savings discount at these participating local bookstores
- Satisfaction in knowing you are supporting the mission of our library.
The Brown County Library has been twice selected as the Wisconsin Library of the Year, has been recognized by the American Association for State and Local History, and received the 1994 National Library of the Year award. The Friends invite you to join in supporting the library’s continued success and the invaluable resources it offers your community. You could be the best friend the library ever had!